Pet First Aid / Training & Behaviour Courses
Would you know what to do if your pet became ill or injured? Would you know how to administer CPR to your dog or cat? Or treat a badly cut paw? Pet-Professionals are very proud to annouce our new Pet First Aid Courses!
We have teamed up with fully certified company ‘Training Together’ and now provide Pet First Aid training to the public, both the professional and animal lover alike. Course are great fun, practical sessions at very reasonable rates and fully certificated on completion. Choice of courses from half day pet first aid only to full day including first aid with training & behaviour!
The course content is as follows:
- The vet and your role in first aid
- Keeping your pet safe in an emergency
- Car Accidents
- Pet proofing your home
- How pets show pain
- Checking your pet’s health
- Pet Accidents and First Aid
- Cat Accidents
- Breathing and respiratory problems including choking
- Dog CPR
- Broken Bones
- Spinal injury and moving an injured pet
- Tending to your pet
- Controlling Bleeding
- Dressings and Bandages
- Paw Problems
- Ears, Eyes, and Mouth
- Bandaging the Ear
- Bandaging the Tail
- Poisoning, Bites, and Stings
- Burns and temperature related problems
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Different types and sizes of animals
- The older dog
- Small dog care
- Puppies and young animals
- Summary of Pet First Aid
- Pet First Aid Kits
The Training and Behavioural aspect of the course takes place in the afternoon, and details are as follows;
- Responsible pet ownership & The Law
- Reading body language – Dogs
- Social Behaviour and Communication
- Reading body language – Cats
- Positive training / Non confrontational methods
- Canine Learning Theory
- Behavioural Modification Therapies
- Mental Stimualtion
- Preventing a bite
- Introducing a muzzle positively
- Sexual / Social maturity & potential problems
- preventing injuries – taking into account age, activities, medical conditions etc
- Preventing illness – preventative medicine and parasite control.
The course cost is £75 per person for the Pet First Aid and £110 for the full day course to include Training and Behaviour. Our trainers will deliver courses in most environments, including your workplace, home, school or in one of our very accommodating venues.
About Training Together:
Training Together is run by Rory Davies, who has over twenty years experience in Customer Care, Emergency Medical Training, Moving & Handling and Health & Safety at Work. With this experience and knowledge Training Together can offer custom-made training and attention to most training needs.
Training together have experience in the emergency services (Fire and Ambulance), both in the UK and abroad, and bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience of the situations that they teach on. They utilise our experience to bring a sense of reality to the classroom setting. They don’t just teach the theory – They teach the reality with it.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT RORY ON 07758965137.